Morris Site Machinery is a subsidiary of Morris & Company Limited a large privately owned company which operates five trading divisions Morris Property, Morris Care, Morbury Homes, Seal and Morris Power Generation.
Morris Site Machinery aims to conduct its operations in an environmentally sound manner, through continual improvement in the environmental performance of all its activities, products and services.
To achieve this we will:
- Develop and maintain effective environmental management systems.
- Identify and comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Set objectives and targets to reduce our environmental impacts.
- Use key performance indicators to track our progress.
- Ensure that all employees, managers and directors are informed about the policy, the arrangements for carrying it out and the part they play in its implementation.
- Respond quickly and effectively to incidents resulting from our operations, co-operating with industry organisations and authorised government agencies.
- Undertake annual reviews and evaluations of our operations to measure progress and to ensure compliance with this policy.
- We will aim, where appropriate, to reduce the environmental impacts associated with the use of transport.
- Actively work with our suppliers to ensure a continual programme of product improvement to reduce harmful impacts upon the environment generally to the extent achievable and practically possible.
In the management of our premises and activities we will seek to:
- Reduce the consumption of energy and water.
- Minimise waste, explore opportunities for reuse and recycling and to dispose of the remainder according to good practice and statutory requirements.
- Minimise the use of hazardous materials.
In the provision of our products we will seek to work with our suppliers to continually reduce emissions, reduce noise levels and improve energy efficiency for the benefit of individuals and social impact. We will do this by:
- Regular dialogue with our suppliers to feedback requirements we need within our chosen market place
- To continually monitor the impact of our machines with regard to current and planned regulatory requirements
It is the responsibility of the Chief Executive to ensure that our objectives and targets are encapsulated within an action plan which is monitored, continually developed and executed.
Annual progress reports will be submitted to the Board giving an appraisal on progress and performance